Thursday, February 2, 2017

Make money for Relay the EASY way with the Ibotta Ap!


 What if I told you that you could make $10 to put towards your Relay fundraising the next time you go to the grocery store or your favorite convenience store buying what you would already be buying?  I know, I know- it sounds too good to be true!  But you guys- you know me.  I don't bologna sandwich around raising money to cure cancer.


After listening to friends rave about it, hearing it advertised on the radio, and seeing post after post on Facebook; I FINALLY broke down and downloaded the free Ibotta ap when I made a New Years resolution to save more money on grocery shopping in 2017.  And, admittedly, I was skeptical, but very pleasantly surprised at how fast and easy it was to use to save money (enough to help me contribute more to my OKC Relay team fundraising total!) As you can see in the screen shot below, from January 3rd to January 31st, I got $93.75 back from buying things that I already buy anyway (here's the part where I silently kick myself for not doing this sooner)


Now, in the spirit of full disclosure, it is important to know that everyone in my family has Celiac disease, so our grocery bill is a lot higher than your average grocery store trip- BUT if we COULD have wheat products, I think we would have saved even more (Eggo waffle rebate, I'm looking at you!) 

OK, enough with all of the fluff- here is how Ibotta works!  I think of the entire program like coupons you redeem after you shop- except instead of getting money off of your grocery total, you get cold hard cash.  You can use regular manufacturer coupons when you shop as well, which really makes things dirt cheap (I bought carpet cleaner this week for a whole 47 cents)  Here's the skinny...

-Choose one of the Preferred Partners (think Target, Walmart, Walgreens, United, Homeland etc)
 -Unlock Rebates. Before you shop, unlock cash back rewards on great products by completing simple tasks like watching a short video or answering a question.
 -Go shopping like usual.
-When you get home, open the ap and scan your rebate items and your receipt.
 -Get cash back in 24 hours.

 AND to make the deal even sweeter, when you use my link and my referral code (which is bkewgrf or https://ibotta.com/r/bkewgrf ) you will get an additional $10 FOR FREE when you submit your first rebate.  That's $10 closer to your fundraising goal!  When you use my link, I also get $5, which I can turn around and put towards my Relay fundraising!  WIN WIN WIN.  If just half of the people who participate in Relay For Life took advantage of this we could raise an additional 20 MILLION dollars for cancer research.  Isn't that insane?  Why wouldn't you want to do this? 


The thing I love about the ap is it has rebates for things I would be buying anyway.  Some of my favorites are any brand of bananas, any brand milk, any brand bread (gluten free bread costs a fortune), and the ever so loved Brawny paper towel rebate.  After you shop it takes a whole 3-5 minutes to complete the rebate submission, and you are done.  If you donated everything you earned from the app (and if you save at the rate I do), that would be enough money to get you to grand club by doing a simple, easy task after you shop!  How cool is that? 

But, you don't take my word for it (I totally stole that from Reading Rainbow.)  Go download the ap and start chipping away at that goal today, and let me know what you think!

XO
Cassi

1 comment:

  1. Honeygain - Earn Money with your unused Internet
    Redeem Code for Free 5$: gethoney

    Download:
    http://bit.ly/_Honey_Gain

    ReplyDelete