Sunday, January 13, 2013

Red Velvet Bliss

With Valentines Day right around the corner, I thought it would be fun to create a new twist to my Peanut Butter Bliss Pie recipe, and share it with my favorite people!  By now you all know about Red Velvet obsession, so when Wes suggested a Red Velvet Bliss when we were brainstorming ideas- I was pumped!  So yesterday Wes and I perfected the recipe to share with you today (and trust me, it's to die for!)  The best part?  It is so easy!




Here is what you need:
-8 oz Cream Cheese
-2 TBS Whole Milk
- 3/4 cup Confectioners Sugar
-One container of French Vanilla Cool Whip
-Pre Made Pie Crust (I love using Oreo crust!)
-2 cups of Red Velvet cake mix (which is about 3/4 of a package of mix)

Now, just a quick note on ingredient quality.  I personally believe that to make the best baked goods, you should use the best ingredients.  However, my husband disagrees and tells me constantly that "value brand" products are often made at the same place that makes my name brand products, so it is up to you!  Every budget for every family is different, so do what works best for you!

First, combine and mix the cream cheese with 3/4 cups of the confectioners sugar
*TIP* let your cream cheese and cool whip sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before mixing, it will make it softer and easier to combine!
Next,  add your two tablespoons of milk, 3/4 of your container of Cool Whip (you'll use the rest for the topping), and 2 cups of Red Velvet mix.  Beat until well combined.  You will know it is done when your cake mix lumps are gone! 

Then, spoon your mixture into your ready made crust.  Yes, I am serious- this pie really is that easy!
Next, top your pie with the remainder of the Cool Whip, and any other toppings you want to use.  I usually add a little chocolate drizzle, just because it looks pretty!  To get the pretty peaks, just use an icing piping tip :)


Now, here is the hardest part for me.  Put the pie in your fridge, and chill for two hours before serving.  I am always HIGHLY tempted to just grab a spoon and start eating right away- but you have to wait it out!

Here's the coolest thing about my little recipe- if you are not a red velvet fan, you can easily substitute another kind of cake mix.  For example- Wes wanted M&M pie, so we used chocolate cake mix and mixed mini M&M's into the batter, and used them to garnish the top.  Your possibilities are endless!

The other thing I love to do is make 3 at a time, so I have one to eat right away, and two to pop in the freezer for guests!  They freeze really well, and are super easy to dethaw in the fridge when you are ready to eat them.

And voila!  Now you have a super easy RED Valentines treat, that only takes about ten minutes to whip up :)  Happy creating!
XO
Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment