Friday, October 5, 2012

Livin' in a LEGO house!

First I have to give a shout out to my friend Renee- who inspired my blog title :)


Today I am going to show you how to make some amazing shelves to hold all of those little Lego guys that you love to step on :) 
The hardest part of this project was tracking down shelving to use.  I lucked out and found some two tiered photo ledge shelves on sale at Kohls, however, it looks like they are sold out on the website right now.  Here is a link to some on  Amazon though :) If you are lucky enough to have an Ikea near you- this option is much cheaper!

Alright- so if you are living in a Lego house, you probably have enough Lego's at home already to create your shelves.  Just go through and pick out a bunch of the square bricks.  If you want to do the shelves all in one color, just go to the Lego store and take advantage of the pick a brick!

Next, you are going to dot Gorilla Glue across the section where you want the bricks to go (remember- Gorilla glue expands, so little dots, not big blobs!)
Next, you are going to add your bricks.  I liked working on small sections at a time, so I didn't have to worry about my glue drying out-
And just keep going until you fill your ledges!  This was sooo easy, that my six year old son could help :)
That was easy, right?  Now just let them dry for 24 hours, and let your little one go crazy putting up the Legos (just don't tell them it's really cleaning!)
Have a great weekend everyone!
XO
Cass



No comments:

Post a Comment